Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Traditional Fashion: The Abaya

In the Gulf it is a known tradition that women wear a black Garment called "Abayah" not all of these women wear scarves but when in their own countries such as the UAE, Kuwait, Saudi etc. it represents themselves as locals. Since I was younger Abayat have become a lot more fashionable. I have a lot of friends that come from the UAE and every Abaya they wear is more gorgeous than the other.

One that I absolutely fell inlove with is the one I've posted (above) and was worn by a dear friend of mine. I love how it looks like she's wearing a high waist build with gold detail. I thought it was absolutely gorgeous.

3 comments:

Princess Feef said...

i love abayas ,, that reminds me ,, i have no time ,, i gotta run tomorrow to makes some new ones for collage ,, if i wasnt in the mood to dress up ,, they are great =D hehe

Anonymous said...

I'm not even arab & I love abayas! I always say I'll buy one but never get around to it! Love the posts :)-yaldaxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

That really is pretty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails